STEM6 Career First Academy
STEM6 will have at its heart a strong focus and commitment in preparing its students for the world of work; this will be achieved through STEM6′s innovative concept of the “Career First Academy“.
The Career First Academy will address the lack of employability skills reported by employers when young people enter the workplace.
The Career First Academy will offer a rich mix of opportunities to enhance and improve the employment-readiness of STEM6′s students and will operate as a dedicated resource centre offering students a wide variety of work-related skills and knowledge including:
- Practical office IT Skills
- Employment readiness skills (communication, attitude, team work, time-keeping, deadlines etc)
- Employability skills (application, CV, interview etc)
- Work placements and industry internships
- Career advice and careers profiling
- Practical innovation and invention
- Mentoring from STEM Industry professionals
- Master-classes etc…
The Career First Academy will also host STEM6′s Enterprise Hub, where STEM6 students will be encouraged to pursue entrepreneurial ideas and have the opportunity to participate in STEM6′s Enterprise and Business Development programmes, including developing and running school enterprises as not-for-profit ventures, thus providing an insight to the functioning of companies, the duties and development of businesses.